About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back to Hearts for Valentine's Day



Here are a couple more samples for Valentine's. Of course, there are other times to use these fabulous love themed cards too! Every day is a good day to share a little love, afterall, it IS what the world needs now! Both of these use the Love Doodles set and some Sands of Time paper along with some of the improved Brown cardstock.

The first sample is on a Pink cardstock base with stamping versamarked & sanded for a background. The focal point is mounted on Sands of Time paper that has been edged with Burnt Umber & then distressed. The circle "love" images are stamped on white cardstock with Claret, circle punched and mounted on a larger brown cardstock circle. The ribbon was added with glue dots and then mounted to the card with pop dots (can't tell that from the photo, huh?) I love the Pop dots! It really gives your creations dimension!

Here's a tip: Don't throw out that foam after you've used all your dots! Cut it into pieces & use that as mounting foam for larger pieces or small cut-to-fit areas!

I decided it's best to post these 2 samples together since they seemed to look quite a bit alike when I looked at them. Sample 2 has a brown cardstock base and Sands of Time as a background for the focal point edged with brown ribbon. "Love" is also stamped on the lower right corner on this piece with Burnt Umber. The hearts are stamped on Sands of Time with Burnt Umber and jazzed up with Pink Stickles. These pieces have also been edge distressed. I found these mini spiral embellishments on a Hobby Lobby trip and they turned out to work very nicely for the ribbon on the corner of these little squares but, you could use some cute safety pins here also. Each piece is mounted with a pop dot over more Sands of Time paper that has been edged with, you guessed it... Burnt Umber!
I do have a few more samples to post for Valentine ideas then we really will have to move on to something else!

No comments: