About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Friday, January 25, 2008

Amelia Paper & Hearts



The first time I saw TAC Amelia paper, my first thought was, "It's perfect for Christmas!" And, it is featured with the Christmas stamps in our catalog. But, it's such beautiful paper and very multi-functional. So, I challenged myself to use it for Valentine's. In these cards, I admit, I used the very plain single colored paper, but it sure worked well!


Check it out. Do you think Hearts when you see red & green? Probably not! In fact, don't most people think Christmas? Well, here is my take on a red & green Valentine card. I used the green paper from the Amelia collection with scarlet and ivory cardstock. The card base piece was originally 5.5x 8.5 but I cut an inch off to use it for the small pieces on the front. The card front measures 2.25x7.5. The gold embossing with the Heartitude set looks good too! To get the effect on the ivory cardstock squares, I made a two templates from a post-it note and sponged on L'Amore red ink. The heart in the middle was used as a template and then set off the the side with a pop dot.


This card uses the darker paper from Amelia as the background. I thought it looked really nice with the "cracked glass." I've been looking for a project to use this technique and this seemed like a good opportunity. (This will be one of the tech's for February's class on the 5th.)
For the plus and the equal signs I had enough left from the strip I cut from the previous card to cut these out. I know it's a corny concept...but the card turned out kinda cute, eh? The flowers were stamped with Landscape and colored with Tombow markers. Burnt Umber was used for that aged look.

No comments: