About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Treats for your Tricksters, Goodies for your Goblins

I spend a lot of time perusing the internet looking for fabulous ideas that I can use with stamps and supplies I already own. Especially now when more people are trying to save a buck rather than spend a buck. If you don't absolutely LOVE a stamp set, or can't justify it's usability, it's just not worth spending the money for it.

I just can't afford to always get the great new stuff. Maybe that is the reason why I don't get rid of my discontinued stamps. You know, the ones they don't carry in the catalog anymore? I know, as a demonstrator I'm supposed to push *NEW* stuff, but, that just doesn't always work with a particular project I'd like to create. So, I reach for my retired stamps frequently. Sometimes it takes the combination of new and used sets to get the final piece I really want. Most stamp sets just don't come with a great combination of images and sayings. (The big advantage with the creative cling backing on TAC's real rubber stamps is the minimal amount of storage space which enables me to be able to keep such a huge inventory of personal stamps!)


Monday night we will be making some treat ideas for our little goblins.
Hmmm..... but I found such great ideas, I had a difficult time deciding which ones to do....
Should we do something new?
Like this cute pumpkin basket? (I added the cute label on the handle ...with retired stamps.)











Or maybe this cute witch hat with a shrinky-dink spider charm? (a combination of current and retired stamps)








We could always stick with the tried and true favorites...

...a sour cream container (current stamp set)


...or maybe an M&M matchbook (current stamps)











...or a mini candy bar pull (current and retired)












...or a pixie stick pack (current and retired)











...or a candy corn envelope (new stamp, old EKSuccess punches)











We will be doing at least three of these on Monday, but which will they be?
See you at 7!

7 comments:

Jewels said...

Those are awesome, Barb! Where did you get the baggies for your witch had treat?
Jewels

Unknown said...

These are great projects!! I enjoy seeing how you used the retired stamps! Just adorable!!

wwilloww said...

Hi...found your blog through Paper Jewels...and I just love your treat ideas!! Any chance you could post the directions for those of us nowhere near you??? At the very least, I loved looking and I truly loved your honesty about stamps current and retired...Thanks!! from an ex TACer

Lisadwb said...

Oh my goodness- I am loving all of the yummy treats and containers!! (Retired products always have a home with me. LOL Just because it is retired does not mean it is not useful or cute.)

AmethystCat said...

super cute projects, Barb! love the witches hat! Can't wait to try several of them!! TFS!

Barb said...

These are AWESOME!!! I love them all, especially that witch hat... I'm all over it :)

Chelsea said...

These are alll sooo awesome!!! I love them! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!