About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Monday, November 3, 2008

Making up...

...for LOTS of lost time!



The computer is still pretty much "on-the-fritz" but I've found a way to work around my temporary computer handicap. YEA!



So, here is a pic of a little treat we made at October's Stamp Camp. These are mini pizza boxes stuffed with little goodies! The larger box was perfect for holding these cute little magnets made from mounting board. The Always Remember set was perfect for these! I also added a smaller pizza box for holding some 3x3 notes. We made both of these at the Mile Hi Angel Gathering a couple weeks ago.





Here are the treat box-in-a-bags I made for the kids at school. It was a good thing I had these made early because as usual, what tends to happen to me, I ran out of time! So, I didn't really get everything done how I would have liked, but a little bit is better than none.


Don't you think the Caramel Apple Kits would have looked CUTE with bat wings behind the circle "batty for you" saying. Julie had a great idea posted today for a quick way of accomplishing bat wings. I LOVED it! Wish she had posted it sooner! Well, maybe next year, right?


Classes will continue through the end of the year:

Tech Tuesday tomorrow night, Nov 4 will continue to go on as planned....remember to get out & vote before you come to class.
Oops!! Almost forgot to add: December 2 Tech Tues will have to be held on Wed. December 3rd due to a conflict I can not move!! Thanks!!

Stamp Camp on November 12.

Stamp-a-Stack on Saturday, November 22, 5:00. I already have several reserved spots, so if you have not called me yet, pick up the phone!!! Reminder postcards will be going out today and tomorrow!!
As always, remember to let me know you will be coming!!

Don't forget!! If you hostess a party before the end of the year, you will be eligible to attend the Hostess Appreciation Party in January to "stamp out the blues" & receive a coupon book good for the next catalog!! Also, for every $10 you purchased from the current catalog your name has been entered into the Fabulous grand prize to be awarded at the Stamp-a-Stack!


Okay, enough of stamping & business and on to the shameless parent plug:

Here is a photo of my oldest, the Flag Captain for the 2008 Paonia Eagle Marching season. (Isn't she cute?) I'm very proud to announce that the Paonia Eagle Flag-its received the Colorado State 1A division Outstanding Auxiliary Award. FINALLY!!!! Although we have had an absolutely totally AWESOME flag team for 4 years, it's nice to be recognized as THE BEST IN THE STATE. The show was "The Music of Michael Jackson" and the best was part was "Thriller" at the end. (Becca would probably have preferred I used the picture of her with the "death shroud" mask.) Yes, they did do the dance, along with the band at one point, and the crowd went wild! What a great way to end your High School marching career and final season! Go, Becca!!














2 comments:

Lisadwb said...

Cute Pizza box and cards!!
Way to go Becca!!

Barb said...

Awesome projects! Love the boxed set and all of those Halloweenie goodies! And congrats to your daughter & her team!!