About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back on track...

Isn't is funny how life happens while we are busy making plans? Don't know where that quote came from, but it seems to be so true with my life. Good thing I had planned a quasi-vacation for July!

We are back at it now that August has started and last night was our TAC-nique Tuesday class!

The first is an oldie but favorite. I just had to do something with chalk. It's Nancy's favorite coloring medium. So, the first technique was easy to pick....Chalked Embossing:

#1 is a sample I did a couple moons ago...or more! The second is the new version.

Okay, I know, I know!! It's the same card!!! My point is...you can use your design with different stamps and still have a lovely unique card. I actually like the tree better! I think it "pops" more on the black background.
Card Details--
Stamps: Love & Laughter (TAC)
Cardstock: Basic black & white
Inks: Noir Palette, Versamark
Other: White EP, Basic Brights Chalk Kit


The second technique I selected was NOT working well for me when I went to create samples. Grrrrrr!!! I HAD to come up with something, dang it! Luckily for me, I am an avid blurfer! (That's "blog surfer") and Jan Tink at Stamps, Paper, Scissors was my saving grace for the day!

She did an EXCELLENT tutorial on "Moonlighting" that I thought would be fun. So....not only did I do that technique....I also TOTALLY cased her card!!

#1 is Jan's version. (Yes, yes, I know it ROCKS!!) And then there's my feeble attempt:
What can you do when you don't have the same stamps but you want to recreate a card? Improvise, of course! Afterall, there are NO mistakes in stamping...only creative opportunities!! Not too bad, mine's a bit plain. Perhaps because the kids ate all my chocolate! (Christy noticed there were no M&M's & pretzels on the table.) Well, we won't be making that mistake again!! Time to find a new hiding place for the yummy stuff which is apparently absolutely essential in paper crafting.
Card Details--
Stamps: Happy Haunting, Running Stitches, Northwoods Stars - retired (all TAC)
Cardstock: White, Orange, black, purple, deorative paper -retired
Ink: Noir Palette, Burnt Umber Palette, French Lilac Palette, Galaxy Gold Brilliance
Coloring: Prismacolor Golden Yellow & OPT
Other: DewDrops, edge distresser, ribbon, green gel pen

5 comments:

AmethystCat said...

love the cards, Barb! I'm definitely going to do the chalk embossing with that set - awesome!! and, love, love, love the halloween card. super cute!

Jewels said...

Jan's is lovely, but I like yours better. The dark shading doesn't interrupt the colors of your black cat, because it is solid. I think that's a better choice. I also love that tree card! I know Jan would give you a GOJUS on that one! {smile}
Jewels

Ginger Serafin said...

Barb - although I'm not a Halloween person, I love your samples and color selections!!

Sandy said...

I am going to try the Love & Laughter card!! And I love Halloween and your cards!

Angela K said...

These are wonderful!!