About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Heather's Oz-some Sketch 32



Have you ever visited Heather's site? (If you haven't, shame on you!! I refer to her a lot!!) Every Monday she puts a new sketch up and challenges us to create something with the sketch and post it. Well, I finally did a sketch of hers on the Monday she posted!!


Heather's sketch and my card:


I've been trying to use up some scraps of ChaCha paper. I've used most of the package and just have a few snip-its left in the package. So, you see I had to use the oval tag instead of a circle, and a piece of the color dye strip on the right edge since my decorative paper wasn't quite 5 1/2 inches. I suppose I could have trimmed the cardstock 1/4 inch, but I think it gives it an interesting look. Do you like the knotted ribbon? It's nice how those knots fit just perfectly, huh? Okay, the big secret is it's actually 2 pieces of ribbon. I tied a knot in each ribbon scrap and then adhered to the back of the tag before putting the tag on the card.
__________________________________________________________
Stamps: Ordinary Greetings, Salsa Flowers
Papers: ChaCha, ChaCha cardstock

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hot Hot Hot! Nifty way to use the tag. Love your card Barb - I am glad you are home from your trip!

Barb said...

Great take on Heather's sketch AND way to use up scraps. I'm not a fan of Cha Cha, but this really looks good!