About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mia's Deco Bird


Okay, so it didn't turn out as nice as it looked in my head, but not a total disaster. I used the rock-n-roll technique on the bird. The flowers & vine are colored over with the Souffle pens. They did turn out nicely on the blue background except I expected the yellow to be a bit more greenish looking. So, when they say OPAQUE pens...word to the wise...they actually mean it!
Card Details:
Stamps: R-2026 Deco Designs
Paper: Mia's Cottage paper & cardstock
Ink: Starry Night, Bordeaux
Embellish: Mia's Cottage ribbon & hardware

2 comments:

~Emma~ said...

Oh its lovely! I have a real thing for birds so this is really me! Thanks for the tip with the Souffle pens!

Stampin' Meg said...

I really like how your Souffle background turns out! I was wondering how you got all those colors- I think I have every pen in the TAC cattie BUT those!