About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Trails & Faux Suede


Hey... this looks like yesterday's card. That's right, same sketch!
Yes, the faux suede technique has been around about as long as I've been stamping but I still like it! Especially with the Happy Trails set. I see horses and I can almost smell the leather. I really like doing the liquid applique on a dark cardstock though. It gives that ripped edge lots of appeal.
(Lately I've been thinking the yellow liquid applique would look interesting as a coloring element on a little chick. Hmmm.....)

2 comments:

~Emma~ said...

Love it! I just love the way you tear the paper and use different techniques. I think I need to start being a bit more adventurous!

Barb said...

I love this card, Barb! I have yet to try the suede technique, but I'm thinking I really should!