About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ship card...with help!

Here is a card that was inspired by a card on someone's blog (sorry!! I didn't keep track of who it was.) I thought it was an interesting layout with the pattern paper on the top and the stamped image on the bottom so I had to try the layout for myself and this is what I came up with. I think the trick is to be able to fill the space on the bottom of the card.
SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Pull Up Anchor
Medium blue cardstock, decorative paper
colored pencils, OPT

How do you like my helper? Simba, also known as my scrappy cat, decided to "help me out" last night. He is such a nut! Usually he likes to steal my chair but last night he was rather interested in my work. He was very considerate not to plop down right in the center of my work area. 'Course, my desk is a bit cleaner than normal so he was able to find a little corner to curl up in. (I usually end up with a small 8x8 space that I'm trying to work in!) Although, he kept reaching over attempting to steal my pencils as if he was planning on using them. HA! No opposable thumbs, Simba, coloring would be difficult for you!

Our Yellowstone trip is coming up very soon, but I've planned out some blog entries while we will be gone to keep you entertained. Some of them will be swap cards, as the recipients should have theirs by then and some will be my catalog creation submissions! I have not heard anything from TAC, so I am assuming none of my submissions made it into the new catalog. But just in case, I wanted to wait to show you until the actual catalogs were released.

Class Updates:
TAC-nique Tuesday coming up on June 3 at 7:00 p.m.
Learn 2 techniques, make instruction pages and 2 cards all for only $5!
Stamp Camp Wednesday, June 11 at 7:00 p.m. - Pencil organizer, CD case photo holder, post-it note holder. Don't forget you will need your Crystal Light canisters for this project! $15 - RSVP by Monday, June 9.

New Catalog Open House
Saturday, July 12, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Don't miss your opportunity to view the new catalog and do a couple Make&Take items with new stamp sets! Drop in anytime! Bring a new friend and get a prize!

1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

I know this card would not be this cute if it wasn't for the "help" you had. LOL
Cute card and kitty!