About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Monday, April 28, 2008

A little something...



Here is a fabulous "mini book in a box" I have been meaning to share with you all for quite some time!! This was created by my friend Camille Treibel. She used a box that make-up comes in. (We are both fans of the same make-up.) I think it is a very creative way to use something that would probably have ended in the refuse bin. Now it's a mini book that will be a treasure for many years to come. I love the way she incorporated the tags that come with the papers and used small scraps and stamping to accent the pages. WAY too cool! SO, moral of the story?!?... always rethink something to see if it is re-usable worthy! Look for flat surfaces that can be recovered or containers that can be covered & filled. Just a thought....
Hopefully now I'll be able to get back to blogging & creating! The camera is back and seems to be working well again. Yea!!! And now that life seems to be back on track, I can get back to my normal routines. 'Course, there's only 4 weeks left of school and then the kiddles will be out for the summer. I have more to post...I've been working on a couple mini books myself and I'm working out the projects for the April Stamp Camp, which will actually be held on May 14.









1 comment:

Joani McDonald said...

What a great idea! I'm always looking for things to alter. It's a great job!
Hugs,
Joani