About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Technique Tuesday...


Okay.... it was yesterday....

But, here is what we did! Jen, Christy, Nancy and Lisa came by for a fun and fabulous time making sample insert cards for our Technique books and using those techniques to make cards.

The first one is an example of the Faux Batik. I used the card sketch layout from Heather's sketch 10 from Feb 4. If you haven't, you TOTALLY need to check out her blog. She is chock full of specTACular stuff! This card uses the Love Doodles set and one of our new GWP stamps. The heart behind the saying is from Heartitude set. I also used Mulberry paper for the Batik. Can you believe we don't sell that anymore either? Bummer!





Technique 2 for the evening was "shattered glass." Of course, if you don't want the shabby chic shattered look, you wouldn't have to crack the glass. The effect can also be obtained by using regular clear EP, but the UTEE is so much quicker!

So, I know I post a lot of cards...but, as I pointed out to the gals last night...these techniques are GREAT for enhancing and embellishing your scrap pages too!


If you missed this class & would like to get caught up with our technique book, please call me to schedule some stamp time!

Next Wednesday will be Stamp Camp at 7. Don't forget to call & let me know your coming! As you know the Cave only holds about 10 people. We will be doing a Frosted Votive, a shaker card, a gift bag...OH! and one more thing!!
You'll just have to come & find out what it is!!

Hope to see you there!

No comments: