About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Birthdays are always relevent!



I thought maybe it was time to change things up a bit! The hearts for Valentine's Day are beginning to make my pupils heart shaped and I'm beginning to see hearts everywhere! (Have you ever used "heart" that many times in a sentence before?)


Birthdays are always an opportunity to celebrate someone we love. Not that we need a special day for that but...here is a quick card made from premade packaged ivory cards/envelopes I got at the local Wal-mart. (Seems like Wally worlds are local to everyone, huh?)

This is created with the Happy Celebration set and a Kaleidacolor pad. I'm really glad this Hostess set made it into the new catalog! I used another card to punch the circles for the focal points and their backgrounds from Apple Green 1 & the Souffle gel pens to color them in. Too cute! And how can anyone resist organza ribbon? It's my fav! The saying is from the set Wishing you & stamped in Chartreuse Palette pad on Yellow cardstock trimmed with scallop scissors and then punched with a 1/16 round punch to create that eyelet look. Really!...it's a very quick way to dress up an edge! Hope you enjoy the idea and choose today to celebrate someone you love, birthday or not!


No comments: