About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Monday, February 15, 2010

A day late...



...for you to see all the goodies I made for Valentine's Day. The good news, however, is that they were done in time for all the festivities.
I do hope that all of you had a Valntine's Day with all the trimmings that you all so greatly deserve!
Normally I would have to say that I am NOT a fan of the clear acrylic stamps. I'm just a real rubber kind of gal. Having said that, I have to admit I am very impressed with the Papertrey Inks sets that I ordered specifically for Valentine's Day! I just could not resist the images! They are very well thought out and both the Tiny Treats Valentine's and the Simple Valentine sets work fabulously together.
Now, I am NOT on their design team and do not receive any $$ from them for my opinion. So, having said all that, I have to tell you I am impressed with Papertrey Ink. First, they released this set in December I believe. Plenty of time for me to plan for the next holiday. Also, when they released the images for this set, it came with a blog hop showing a bunch of fabulous ideas of how to use these sets. Then, when I decided I wanted these, and I had enough time to save and budget for these. (Let's face it, we are all having budget issues!)
I ordered them online about mid-January and they arrived in just a couple days!! AND when I opened the box I was very pleased with their packaging!! First of all, no nasty environmentally UNfriendly styrofoam peanuts!! BLEH!
Of course there was packaging paper, that I promptly added to the fire box. Here is the cool part though! Each set was in an adorable clear box, that can easily be repurposed later as a fabulous creation. (These boxes were nicely wrapped in tissue, btw.) Then included inside the box was a CD case to store the stamps, indexing sheets for the CD case, along with a label for the spine to make them easy to locate. The stamps were on some clear acetate, which can be reused in another project, of course. It also included an instruction sheet with care recommendations and tips for usings your stamps. Plus it also referenced their website where all the blog hop ideas can be found easily. Cool, huh?





And just look at how amazingly cute the images look! And they all have sayings that totally compliment the images. This set is perfect for the kiddo's valentines and I think I have been searching for a set just like this for 13 years!
These are the treats we sent to school with Megan and Dom for their classmates. I used the Shadowbox BigzXL plate from Sizzix to create the boxes. Cute, huh? And, as you can see the Tiny Treats Valentine set was PERFECT!!
So, there I was on Thursday night, realizing I didn't have anything special for the teachers. Instead of instant panic, I quickly went to Julie's Blog and quickly found the perfect idea! Gotta love Jewels! She always exemplifies SIMPLE, SMART, SOPHISTICATED!!! How easy to compliment this idea easily with the Papertrey Ink sets along with my JustRite What's Cookin' Borders & Centers. Love it!!
I know these adorable petal card treats have made the rounds, but you know, I've actually discovered that a great idea just never gets old. These were fantastically popular with my sorority sisters. Let's face it, we ALL love to get treats!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are wonderful! I haven't tried PTI stamps but am not happy with the acrylic stamps I use for my classes at the LSS. They just don't cling well to the blocks.

AmethystCat said...

oooh - what wonderful treats, Barb! Love all the different ideas and how you put them together! fabulous!

Jewels said...

Barb, Those are darling! Do you have a die for those petal treats too?
Jewels

Angela K said...

very cute goodies!