About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Faux Suede Tree



See all the great stuff your missing at the TAC-nique Tuesday class? This is the card we made using the Faux suede technique with Liquid Applique. Do you like the black torn edge? Looks nice, huh? Okay....I cheated! It's really black cardstock under the brown LA. Sure saved lots of time inking the edge though! So, there's a little free tip for you...Liquid Applique IS opaque so you can use whatever color cardstock under it, especially if you want a colored torn edge. This is definitely a card that can be made in less than 10 minutes! I wish the screen had a "touch & feel" option so you could feel the texture where the tree (from the Good Timber set) is stamped. Next class will be April first for all you technique crazy fools!
Okay, so, now I'm officially out of photos...so, it will be a couple days before I blog again. I am working on stuff though! I have not heard from Nikon yet about my camera...perhaps I'll hear something by the end of the week...

2 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

I think your card looks great! You did a very nice job ~ can't wait to see more :)
Hugs,
Joani

Unknown said...

Barb, your site is wonderful! Love your projects! I guess I need to check in more often. Hugs!