About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Using "stash" items



Have you ever bought something to use later...and then it just sits there for what seems like AGES? Okay, I admit I am a "hoarder." I am doing better at using up items in my stash, however, and not saving them for that special project that never seems to happen.


I bought some tags in a set at Target a while back, probably years ago... Anyway, they were a red tag item so Mega-cheap which of course means you HAVE to buy them. If you know me, you know I like saving a buck! So, I finally dug these little tags out of the drawer to use them.


Here is the final product. I have to admit, red is my favorite color and our new Miss Moxie paper is my FAV!! So, I decided to work with the orange accent color. I really like the result, so much I think I will use this as one of my swap cards. (HA! I won't say for which swap(s?)) This cards uses 2 sets: Ordinary Greetings & Happy Celebration.

Anyway, the Target pack came with multiple colors, so of course, more cards!! Here is an example of how you can take one idea and give it a totally different look by mixing up papers & colors. I used up the Target tags and then made a tag of my own using my circle punch, some miniscallop scissors, and an eyelet. Easy breezy!!

No comments: