About Me

My photo
Paonia, CO, United States
I have discovered that life is a roller coaster and I'm learning to enjoy the ride! I am a married mom of 4. I work part-time outside of the home and, of course, more that full time as a wife and mother! I do classes from my craft room in the basement...which is why we call it the "Craft Cave."

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mini Envelope Album for the folks

My In-laws recently came for a visit. Little did they know they would be roped into helping us get the tile backsplash done in our kitchen! So, I put together this little book as a Thank you for all their help. And... since they didn't get to see the completed project... yet.





This great idea came from my friend Julie. It was a project we did at one of her Stamping Get-Togethers a couple years ago. This uses one 6 x 9 manila envelope and one 4 1/2 x 6 invitation envelope. I used one of the TAC paper packs because it blended well with my photos and with the golden color of the manila envelope. Plus I had plenty of tags for journaling and tabs for the photo pulls. The ribbon on the left side is the binding that holds the envelopes together. It closes like a book and when put together has 2 pockets perfect for adding more pictures.







Inside I added several pictures of the progress we made in our recent kitchen upgrade.






As you can see in the binding, the ribbon is put through 2 holes in the envelopes to put this together.


Here the second photo shows how I added additional photos to the inside envelope on a piece of cardstock with a pull-out tab.







Then, as you turn the page (or the inner envelope) you have 2 more surfaces to scrap plus the pocket created by the manila envelope too!




Another piece of cardstock and a tab for a couple more photos and that makes it project complete!













































No comments: